Monday, April 20, 2015

Kids who play on sports teams do better in life.

Right now in class we are talking about statements. Mine is 'kids who play sports do better in life'. We have to state our opinion and where we land on a value chart. The place I land on the value chart is just past neutral on the side to strongly agree because some kids who are on sports team will have more homework. They have to manage their time to get their homework done. I think it also makes them work harder because their parents/teachers (depending on where they are doing the sport, whether at school or after school) might remove them from the team so they can raise their grade. Kids who do sports are also more detirmend in their school work. One thing I disagree with about what I just said is some kids take advantage of sports and come up with excuses not to do their homework, it's then reflected in their marks. 

I do not fully agree with this statement because some kids who choose to do sports, aren't as good and they won't make it very far if they only focuse on this sport, but no matter what they do they can't get better. I think the only reason people think that kids who play on sports teams are going to do better in life is that they think they will be a superstar later on and make millions of money. This is not true because I believe about 15% of kids that do sports will not go into a national league.

This my opinion so far on 'Kids who play sports do better in life.'

No comments:

Post a Comment