Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Ladder of Inference

The Ladder of Inference. What is it? The Ladder of Inference is how you create judgements, good and bad. There are seven steps to the ladder. The first step is, Data I can observe and experiences I've had (as a video would capture them). Next, Data I select from what I observe. Followed by, Meanings I add based on my cultural, family beliefs, personal beliefs or actions. After, Assumptions I make based on meaning I added to my "data". Next, Conclusions I make.Then, My beliefs about the world. Fianally, Actions I take based on my beliefs. These steps happen in seconds; sometimes we don't even it's happening. For example, you see some one on the street asking for money. You notice they have a dog and are wearing very dirty clothes and smell bad. You might think this person is a drug addict and that they should have thought about what they should have done in before to not end up on the street. You decide not to give them money because you think they will just spend it on drugs and alcohol. You know that the reason most people end up on the streets is, they didn't make great choices in life. finally you decide not to give them money. Since you made this desision in seconds, you didn't realized that the person on the street got there because he came back from a war, but his wife and the rest of his family left him so he didn't have any money left and had to beg on the street to buy food. You should always be aware of the ladder or you make desisions like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment